Welcome to Day 6 of the 7-day series! I’m giving you seven days of frugal & easy Christmas decorations. If this is your first time here, be sure to check out the previous day’s posts where I used paper, clay, faux flowers, wood beads and felt to decorate my Christmas tree.
7 Days Of Frugal & Easy Christmas Decorations. Christmas Décor That You Can Make From Materials That You Probably Already Have In Your Home.
Today we are making leather Christmas ornaments. For this project, I used faux leather samples I had on hand. But you can use old belts or leather scraps if you have them. The advantage I have with the faux leather is that it is a sample pack that contains a lot of colours. You can use contrasting colours, make ombre leather ornaments or make one-colour ornaments.
Leather Christmas Ornaments
Cut circles from the leather in the size of your choice. I used six circles for each ornament. You can use more, but I would not use less than six. Start glueing the leather circles together; I kept them in place with clothespins until the glue dried and then moved onto the next section.
Use two beads and thread or a thin rope or ribbon to complete them. Tie a loop at the top and hang them on your tree. It is really that simple.
Where else can you use leather to decorate for Christmas
- There is such a wide range of ornaments you can make from leather. Look for inspiration on Pinterest.
- Make mini Christmas trees from leather
- A leather wreath. This one is gorgeous! You can also make mini wreath ornaments for your tree.
- Add leather and tassels to stockings for a boho look and feel.
- Wrap leather around candle holders to spruce them up for your Christmas decor.
To save this post for future, please pin it here:
Take care, until tomorrow