Welcome to Windmill & Protea
My name is Junette and I’m the voice behind Windmill & Protea.
This is a blog about all things DIY, home, garden and family. I am hoping to inspire and give advice on decorating, DIY, garden design and kid’s parties to all my readers.
We moved into our house March 2014 and soon realized that the house needed more work than we had thought initially. Maintenance of an old house never stops, and this house still had most of the original finishes! Now we tackle a lot of DIY projects to renovate our 1970’s house.
Let me tell you a bit about myself:
- I believe in God the Father, Son and Holy Spirit and in our salvation through Jesus Christ.
- I’m married to my best friend, and it took me a while to realize that he was the one for me, luckily I was still in time. We met at church, and I love that we share our faith.
- We have 2 beautiful boys, I love being a mom! (This is where the kid’s parties come in).
- We live in South Africa.
- I work full-time and it always feels like I don’t have enough time for everything I want to do, I wish I had more time to spend with my family (and do more DIY projects)!
- I have a degree in Interior Architecture a certificate in Project Management as well as Garden Design. I’m also busy with another course on the side, I love studying, so I see it as a hobby.
- I am a DIY fanatic and have been so my entire life.
You can access my free Printables page here.
I hope you enjoy this adventure with me.