I’ve been nominated for the Sunshine Blogger Award! I want to thank Conny from Colorful Designer for nominating me for the Sunshine Blogger Award. Head on over to her blog for some great design and decorating tips! Thank you, Conny!
The Sunshine Blogger Award is a recognition for bloggers that inspire positivity, happiness and joy. It is a fun way for bloggers to connect and recognise each other’s hard work and dedication. It is the “Pay-it-Forward” of the blogging world.
What you need to do for The Sunshine Blogger Award if you are nominated
- Thank the person who nominated you and provide a link back to their website
- List the Sunshine Blogger Award rules and display the logo on your site (Note – I don’t think there is an official logo to use, so I made my own)
- Answer the 11 questions provided by the person who nominated you
- Nominate 11 other bloggers and ask them 11 new questions
- Notify the nominees by commenting on one of their blog posts
11 Questions asked by Conny
1. Are you a morning or a night person?
Definitely a night person!
2. What was your favourite vacation ever?
Wow, this is a difficult question, but I would have to say the vacation, my husband, Marinus and myself took to Europe in 2012. We visited The Netherlands, Germany and Switzerland. I have a free printable set of some of the photos we took there, you can find it here.
3. Do you have a favourite book you remember from your childhood?
I had to think really hard on this one as well… I received a book once for Christmas from my parents called Papercrafts. DIY projects made of paper from cover to cover, I spent endless hours pouring over it.
4. Do you have somebody in your life who keeps you going, motivates you and always has something good to say when you feel down?
Yes, I am fortunate to have a whole team behind me. Firstly my husband Marinus and my kids always seem to know when I need a hug and a kiss. My Parents, my sisters and one of my best friends are always supportive and encouraging.
5. Who is your favourite movie character?
Guido from Cars – we don’t watch a lot of grown-up movies at the moment. #kidsmovies
6. What profession did you dream of learning when you were a kid?
I wanted to be an archaeologist at some stage.
7. Did you ever dream about being a princess and living in a big old castle?
No, but I would have loved to decorate the castle!
8. Do you have a cool talent not a lot of people have?
I do cross-stitch embroidery. I had a lot of pieces framed for our home, check out these beautiful birds I made!
9. Is there anything you are proud of that you have achieved so far?
I am proud of myself every time I manage to overcome a fear of mine. Like exposing myself and starting a blog. That said, I am also very aware of the fact that nothing that I accomplish is out of my own strength, but through our God. Philippians 4:13
10. Do you have pets? What are the names of your pets?
Yes – Kayla and Jock, our two (very destructive but very lovable) Staffordshire Bull terriers.
11. Who do you admire most in the blogging world? And why?
Lauren from Bless’er House. Her’s is the first blog I started following because her writing and projects draw you in. She always has innovative solutions for her projects and a gorgeous home!
Who I Nominated for the Sunshine Blogger Award
I’ve decided to nominate these 11 ladies for the award, they are very inspiring and have lovely blogs, be sure to check them out! They are all part of my EBA Tribe, and have given me great advice and input on my blogging journey so far!
- Sara-Lynn from The Inspired Decorator
- Brianna from Bloom in the Black
- Jen from This Time of Mine
- Jordan from Hey Little J
- Lindsay Fay from A Butterfly House
- Tammy from Rough Around the Edges
- Ashley from At Home with Ashley
- Catherine from DIY Without Fear
- Amy from Good Little Home
- Mindy from Mrs Mama Online
- Crystal from The Inspired Haven
Questions for my nominees
- When did you start your blog?
- How difficult was it for you to come up with your blog name?
- What has been the most challenging step for you in your blogging journey?
- What do you like to do over weekends to relax?
- Where is your favourite holiday destination?
- Which overseas country would you still like to visit?
- Who helps with the DIY around the house, or do you fly solo?
- Who is your favourite blogger to follow?
- Favourite movie of all time?
- Coffee, Tea or Hot Chocolate?
- Who or what in your life are you most thankful for?
I hoped you enjoyed getting to know me a bit better, and I certainly look forward to the answers to my questions above.
Goodbye for now!